Sunday, May 15, 2011

MCS May Challenge- Layering

Hi There!
Sarah has put together an inspiring challenge at MCS this month. She has provided some great tips focusing on layering with the rule of 3. Sarah suggests to use 3 different colours, used 3 times with 3 patterns which are opposite each other eg large floral pattern with small spots etc.

I couldn't wait to give this a go because I love to layer. I tried using the rule of 3 in this LO by selecting 3 colours brown,beige & blue using them 3 times each with paper, flowers & embellishing. I used different patterns of flourish, script & a damask style print. Here is my LO. I love this photo of the kids it is one of my favourites. It looks so much better in black and white than it does in colour!
I have used a mix of materials for this project & again have had a bit of a go at hybrid scrapping. The digital frame is by Prima. I love digital frames to really set a photo. The background paper is Prima 'Reflections' collection, the die cut is from the Bo Bunny 'Gabrielle' collection (both of these were part of the April main kit at MCS). The blue paper is Fancy Pants 'Happy Together' as is the decorative notebook journal. I have also used some corrugated cardboard & some Prima packaging.
The brown bloom is made from the new Prima trims- I just used a small piece & twirled it into a circle & stuck it down. The flower is from Prima. The peacock trim is by Websters Pages, the chipboard clock is Teresa Collins.

The faux stiching was inspired by Romy Vuel. This is done by ruling a black line the simply making small white dashes through the centre of the black line. Romy also pearces her page in between the dashes but I went for the quicker option & chose not to!

The scalloped edging around the blue paper was inspired by Gabi Pollacco. This was done by using scalloped scissors & making a small white dot in the middle of each scallop.

The new prompt at Scrap That Baby will be up soon so stay tuned.........

I also wanted to say thanks to everyone that has left lovely comments on my blog & have become followers. It means a lot to read your beautiful words & I REALLY APPRECIATE that people have been so supportive as my blog has only been running for a couple of months!!

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Thanx for ur comment! U just made me smile XX