Monday, May 16, 2011

Scrap That Baby- Baby's Day Out/ Bird is the word

Hi There!
The new prompt is up at http://www.scrapthatbaby.blogspot.com/ . The theme is Baby's Day Out. This was a fun prompt & so easy to do.

We all have a thousand photos at the park, the beach or a special outing so start scrappin & you could be the lucky winner of a super fun prize package from 'Tally Scrapper'

Here is my DT example
Ok so this month I was a little bit crafty. I combined my DT project with the new 'Bird is the Word challenge'. The word this month is sun/sunshine. Because it fit so well with theme of my LO I chose the title 'You are my sunshine' 

The pics I chose for this LO are of my DD Kayla. The photos were so bright & fun so I wanted that to show in my page by using gorgeous bright papers & embellishments.
Most of the paper & embellies were from an old MCS kit. The background die cut paper is Crate Paper, the patterend paper is Little Yellow Bicycle "Freshprint Clothesline" collection, the glitter chipboard is AC Dear Lizzy, the journal chipboard is from Prima, the butterfly is Jenni Bowlin, the brown mini alphas are Echo Park "walk in the park" & the other alphas are American Craft.

I have inked the edges of the die cut & purple patterned page in Versa Color ink 'Hyacinth'

and just to get more bang for my buck....................

This page is based on the May sketch challenge from Annas Craft Cupboard


Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

  1. Very nice! Love how you put everything together. That adorable banner is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable LO.. so bright and fun!! Love your mix of pp's and embellies! Thanks for playing along at BITW :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. very bright and colourful...pics are great too..thanks for playing at BITW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Shell! I love your layouts! That's a nice design, beautiful pictures and color combo!!! And I love that cute banner too!!! Thanks for playing along at BITW

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey sweetie thank you very much for your lovely comment on my blog It is very great to read it.
    and what adorable beautiful page and so great layering!!
    have a very nice day
    hugs carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Shell thanks heaps for dropping by. It was a really sad end to MCS. I was extremely hurt by Pams actions.
    I value respect and honesty too much. Unfortunately they are not values that MCS honours.
    Love that adorable lo. Are you having fun with all the new DT.
    Stay in touch.
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that page, the fun colors it's just awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shell! This is SO gorgeous. Adorable little face..how cute!!

    Thank you for playing along at BITW!

    Thank you also for your lovely comments on my blog. I appreciate it so much :o)

    Take care, Nadia,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such cute photos! Thanks for paricipating at Bird is the Word :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for ur comment! U just made me smile XX