Saturday, April 7, 2012

Scrapz.Biz Baby Month

Hi There!

It's Baby Month over at Scrapz.Biz. Come & join in the fun with a different baby themed challenge every week day for the whole of April!



This was my first project for Baby Month. Find the challenge Here. I chose to base a challenge around those ugly/not so perfect photos that I know we all have stashed away in the photo box! Sometimes scrapping a photo that doesn't look pretty is a hard task but it is so important to include these photos in our albums to tell the whole story!

Here are a few tips on scrapping those not so perfect pics

1. My fav trick is to use smaller photos rather than a 6X4. I usually use 2X3 photos & put 2 photos on the page to keep it balanced. I also like to edit the pic to Black & White so that they don't stand out as much

2. Use bold patterns or colours to distract the eye. I would recommend using a more neutral background & use the patterns in smaller pieces around the page to help keep balance to the page

3. Use clusters of embellies as a focal point. That way there is more to focus on the page than just the photo
The challenge is to use at last 1 ugly/not so perfect pic along with at least 3 different patterns of paper & 2 clusters of embellishments. You have until April 30 to upload your entry so there is plenty of time!

This next LO was from my Scrap It Blind Challenge last month

& this page was from a Base Jump challenge from 2 months ago ( I forgot to put it up earlier!)




Look out for a giveaway in my next post! I am celebrating my 100th post & have some yummy goodies for you to win!!

Thanks for looking!
Cheers

7 comments:

  1. Hi Shell thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.Happy Easter Take care Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some awesome pages, and love all those added touches and nice embellies, Thanks for your lovely message on my blog about my gorgeous cavvy, I still miss my other cavvy from 2008.
    Hope you have a great Easter and the weather is good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shell, I just saw that you live in the same town as Sandra from Kiandra Kreations did you know this ?????? Congrats on your 100th post....and your lo's are very pretty really like the first one with the cute pictures of that tiny sweetness!!! How is that a ugly picture it's sooooooo D. cute *grin* love your take on it hugs Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not near Shell's home town but in Vic.

      Delete
    2. Shell if you send me your email I will contact you. :-)

      Delete
  4. WOW Shell! These pages are GORGEOUS and the photos are so sweet :) Love all the Beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for ur comment! U just made me smile XX